In the dynamic universe of ecommerce, where competition is fierce and customer expectations are constantly increasing, the convergence between technology and marketing, also known as Martech, has become crucial for business success.
But what does Martech really involve and how can it revolutionize an ecommerce business? In this article, we dive into this intriguing field, revealing its secrets, the benefits it offers, and a list of related tools you could consider in your business strategy. All this with the aim of helping you continue improving the results of your online store.
What is Martech?
Martech is the convergence of technology and marketing. Where technological tools are used to improve and automate marketing strategies and activities. In the context of ecommerce, this involves the use of software and technology platforms to optimize operations, improve customer experience and increase sales.
At its core, Martech helps marketing professionals better engage with customers. These products use technology to automate many of the repetitive and time-consuming tasks that machines are good at, freeing up marketers' time to focus on the creative and strategic aspects of their profession.
Marketing technology can address one or more layers of marketing activity, such as aggregating and cleaning customer data, analyzing data, generating insights, segmenting and targeting customers, executing customer communications, and Automatic optimization of recurring marketing campaigns.
The key aspects of a Martech strategy
Toma nota, porque estas son algunas de las mejores prácticas para desarrollar una estrategia de Martech ganadora:
Go from top to bottom.
Create a Martech “stack” from the top down, starting with the company's overall marketing strategy and goals. By thinking broadly about high-level objectives, you'll be able to make better decisions about what specific capabilities and measurements you need to support.
Includes all data
Carefully consider all existing data sources that need to be integrated to achieve your marketing goals and make sure the solutions you select can work with those sources. Have a complete customer profile, based on all available data, it is essential.
Integrate with all channels
Carefully evaluate all the marketing and communication channels you need now, as well as those you expect to use in the foreseeable future. Only through effective coordination across all channels (email, SMS, on-site/in-app, online advertising, social media, call center, etc.) will your Martech stack enable you to optimize the overall customer experience. customer. No more silos!
Collaborate with the IT team
Work closely with IT during the definition, selection and implementation stages. While the goal of most Martech solutions is to free marketers from extensive reliance on IT, IT department involvement and buy-in is almost always necessary to build (and maintain) a productive Martech stack.
Measure and optimize
Continually to know how your marketing strategy is working. Don't be afraid to reconsider your decisions and make the necessary changes!
Martech trends that you should not lose sight of
- Data unification: It has never been more important to ensure that all available customer data is consolidated, cleaned and are available for analysis, knowledge and action. A proper customer data platform (CDP) is currently considered the best way to achieve this.
- The role of the chief marketing data officer: Because of the importance of customer data management for effective marketing (and the importance of maintaining data security and privacy), more and more companies are hiring or appointing a full-time manager to ensure that everyone available customer data is used effectively. That can be collected, integrated and used for marketing purposes. Other titles for this role include marketing data architect and marketing data manager.
- Artificial intelligence and large-scale automation: There is currently an explosion in the number of tools of cutting-edge technology that uses artificial intelligence (AI) to analyze data, generate insights and predictions about customer behavior, make recommendations, optimize campaigns and/or personalize communications for individual customers. AI automates a wide variety of large-scale tasks that are time-consuming (or simply impossible) for humans, allowing marketers to focus more on the creative and strategic aspects of their work.
- Real-time personalized engagement: The combination of real-time customer data integration and AI-powered automation enables marketers to deliver highly personalized and exceptionally powerful messages/incentives to individual customers, in immediate response to customer actions, scenarios, and preferences. Giving customers what they want when they need it, immediately addressing and mitigating bad experiences, and delivering desirable messages in real-time and at scale is the future of automated B2C marketing.
- Data privacy: Both marketers and marketing technology providers are more vigilant than ever about regulations and data privacy. The GDPR and CCPA have joined HIPAA, the EU-US Privacy Shield frameworks. USA and Switzerland-USA. US and many other consumer privacy laws. Additionally, data privacy incidents have garnered media and news interest. More regulations, increased fines, and heightened consumer awareness have combined to force marketers to pay much more attention to their data-related tactics and tools than in the past.
Now that we have seen what the trends and key elements of a Martech strategy are, it is time to review the benefits.for business of this convergence between marketing and technology, especially if you are in the ecommerce industry.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Stay tuned to the best practices and strategies in e-commerce and grow the business as leading brand in your industry.
The main benefits of Martech for an ecommerce business:
- Customer Experience Optimization: Martech tools allow you to personalize the customer experience, showing relevant products and offering personalized recommendations, which increases conversions.
- Marketing Automation: Martech makes it easy to automate marketing campaigns, from emails to social media advertising, saving time and effort while improving effectiveness.
- Analysis and Decision Making Based on Data: Martech tools collect and analyze detailed customer data, allowing businesses to make informed decisions and adjust their marketing strategies accordingly.
- Improved Operational Efficiency: Automating internal processes, such as inventory management and order processing, improves operational efficiency and reduces errors.
Some of the main Martech tools for ecommerce:
- HubSpot: Offers comprehensive marketing, sales and customer service solutions, allowing campaign automation, lead management and content personalization.
- Valido App: All-in-one test automation tool for ecommerce sites that integrates with Jira and Trello. It uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to evaluate the performance of online stores and facilitate improvements that impact user experience and sales conversion.
- Mailchimp: Email marketing tool that allows campaign automation, audience segmentation and results tracking.
- Google Analytics: Provides detailed data on user behavior on a website, helping to better understand customers and make data-driven decisions.
- Optimizely: Allows A/B testing and multivariate experiments to optimize user experience and increase conversions.
- Zendesk: A customer service solution that integrates live chat, email and social networks to offer effective and personalized customer support.
Now is your turn!
As you may have noticed, Martech is not only a trend, but a necessity for ecommerce businesses looking to stand out in a saturated market.
By implementing effective Martech tools and strategies, companies can improve customer experience, increase sales, and build lasting relationships with their customers. If you want to take your ecommerce to a new stage, Martech should be in your strategic decision panel.
Optimize your ecommerce today! Don't waste any more time, contact us here to start transforming the user experience of your business and increasing your conversions.
Digital Marketing Manager at Orienteed.