Bigcommerce vs VTEX Which to choose? We often face these dilemmas. And, like many other technological decisions, choosing the right platform for your ecommerce business can be a time-consuming and frustrating task.
With so many vendors and options to choose from, researching the pros and cons of each solution would take up a good number of valuable hours in what is usually a busy schedule.
To help you reduce the time in evaluating your options, in this article we have briefly compiled the most relevant pros and cons of BigCommerce and VTEX. Without a doubt two ecommerce platforms are very robust and used by merchants in several countries around the world.
After analyzing the main features, costs and drawbacks of both solutions, we may have helped you get a better idea of which platform best suits your company's particular needs. Because yes, there are many platforms, but also a significant number of particularities in each business.
We hope that this comparison is a valuable input when making a good business decision. So let's get to it!
BigCommerce vs VTEX, which is best for your business?
Clearly, this depends on the specifics of your company and what you want to achieve. Making an intelligent and balanced choice of an ecommerce platform should consider these four fundamental aspects: First, growth; It is essential to have the ability to expand your offers and services quickly and effectively.
Second, the operating costs; The initial expense of building your eCommerce platform is just the beginning, so you must take into account all ongoing maintenance costs.
Third, interaction with the client; Evaluate the integrated tools the platform offers to attract your customers and keep them engaged.
And finally, the service; Prioritizes customer service as it supports conversion, builds loyalty, and contributes to buyer retention. If you have questions about how to choose an ecommerce platform, you can check this article.
Well, now let's look at the comparison we have prepared.
BigCommerce is one of the most popular ecommerce platforms. Capable of handling over 100 currencies in dozens of countries around the world. Allows B2B, B2C and B2B2C companies to easily launch online stores professionals in just a few hours.
The platform has been developed for merchants of all sizes to create, innovate and grow their businesses. It is an open SaaS platform that drives business growth without increasing complexity.
BigCommerce comes with a visual page builder editor that allows users to easily launch and edit site pages simply with its drag and drop functionality, without any coding.
With BigCommerce, online stores get blazing fast speed with built-in Google AMP, Google Cloud Platform infrastructure, and Akamai Image Manager. The stores created can be integrated with payment applications, such as Apple Pay, PayPal One Touch, Amazon Pay. etc
The platform helps generate more traffic with its customizable, SEO-friendly URLs and unique metadata and robots.txt editing.
- Easy to use: BigCommerce is known for its intuitive and easy-to-use interface, making it a great choice for ecommerce beginners.
- Scalability: It can easily adapt to the needs of your business as you grow, offering reliable performance even with high traffic volumes.
- Customizable Designs: Offers a wide range of customizable themes and templates to create an attractive and unique online store.
- Powerful Product Management System: Allows you to effortlessly manage a large inventory, making it easier to organize and update products.
- Integration with Marketing Tools: Offers integrations with popular marketing tools to help you reach and engage your target audience.
- Customer Support: Provides strong customer support to help you resolve issues and optimize your store.
- Cost: Some advanced features may require more expensive plans, which may be a consideration for small businesses with limited budgets.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Stay tuned to the best practices and strategies in e-commerce and grow the business as leading brand in your industry.
It is a solution cloud-based with unlimited customization options and lots of flexibility for retailers to sell B2B, B2C and on marketplaces. VTEX is more suitable for medium and large companies who already have experience in online sales and serve large numbers of customers on a global scale.
The solution allows you to integrate orders and inventory and make sellers available on all sales channels with one way to navigate and track all orders, regardless of the sales channel. With VTEX, users can build their online store, integrate orders from all channels, and expand their product offering by adding third-party sellers.
It is an advanced e-commerce platform created to facilitate the buying and selling of goods and products online. VTEX combines trading, market and order management in a single platform to unlock new revenue streams. Companies can establish their catalog, define prices and create and manage all the content that feeds their digital shopping experience.
Sellers can market their products with a highly configurable search engine and advanced promotional features. With VTEX SMART Checkout, businesses can have a secure, password-free checkout experience while enjoying more shipping.
With VTEX, users can eliminate the need for a middleware layer that seamlessly integrates data and services from multiple providers into a single infrastructure and development platform.
- Flexible Architecture: VTEX stands out for its modular architecture and scalability, allowing deep customization and tailored adaptations for companies of all sizes.
- Customer experience: Delivers an immersive and seamless user experience, from navigation to checkout, increasing customer satisfaction.
- Omnichannel Management: Enables efficient management of online and offline operations, facilitating expansion into various sales channels.
- Extreme Scalability: VTEX is an ideal choice for large and growing businesses that need a scalable platform that can handle massive workloads.
- Deep Integrations: Offers deep integrations with various tools and services, including payment systems and logistics solutions.
- Learning curve: Due to its highly customizable nature, it may take time to become fully familiar with all the features and options available.
Now is your turn!
Which one do you think is best for your company? As we have mentioned before, the choice between BigCommerce and VTEX will depend on the specific needs of your online business without forgetting a key factor: budget.
If you are looking for an easy-to-use platform with a solid value for money, BigCommerce may be the right choice. Especially for companies with a limited budget.
On the other hand, if you are looking for extreme customization and unlimited scalability, VTEX may be the option you are looking for. If you are in the global mid-market, perhaps this is your option.
Finally, carefully evaluate your business requirements and consider your long-term goals to make the best decision possible.
Still have questions and want to explore the right platform for your ecommerce business? Don't hesitate to contact us right now.
Click here to have an initial conversation about your project. We are here to help you take your online store to the next level.
Digital Marketing Manager at Orienteed.