Many customers are now struggling with Magento migrations (which is actually almost a re-platform since many things changed with M2). For the merchants it is the time to think about one of the main concerns: platform scalability.
«Despite there are many interesting guidelines and optimisation suggestions a typical Magento Open Source installation is not scalable. In other words, it cannot handle peak traffic.»
Most of the Magento Open Source installations are single tier on a shared host, with no redundancy nor high availability. For a growing business where the number of visits and orders are incrementing month by month a possible option Magento Enterprise. Does this situation sound familiar?
It is quite pertinent to know that Magento Enterprise's costs can be pretty scary 🙂
Basically, a customer can choose to spend a small sum every month for a shared server hosting (with the risk of being totally unprepared for user traffic and sales peaks) or face spending thousands for a professional SaaS with Magento Enterprise.
In reality there are other options:
Orienteed offers an intermediate solution based on Amazon Web Service and CloudFormation.”
- High availability (say goodbye to outages)
- Standard of security: private subnet for the servers
- Autoscaling (ability to increase capacity according to traffic)
- Performance (additional cache layer based on Redis)
- Advanced user management (to access different parts of the infrastructure)
- HA Database (with the RDS service, the DB is located in a cluster) Most importantly, it is cost-effective: entirely usage-dependent! (this is the pillar of the AWS architecture).
Are you planning a migration or having problem with your actual Magento instance? We can help you out. Contact us today here.
CEO at Orienteed.