Let's try to simplify them so that we can understand why the commercial and massive use of this technology will give a new twist to our lives.
These are the requirements it must fulfill.
- Speed: 5G will reach rates of 10 Gbps (10 times more than LTE's 1 Gbps peak).
- Capacity: It is expected to have between 100 and 1000 times more capacity than 4G, a very relevant issue to support IoT applications and the connection to the vehicle.
- Latency: 5G will have a latency of 2 milliseconds, 50 times less than 4G, making it more reliable than previous networks, something also especially relevant for IoT applications.
Some specialists claim that this generation of technologies will have an impact on all productive sectors with specific requirements to support applications such as the Internet of Things (IoT), the connected car or e-health applications.
And of course it already has them in ecommerce, how? Here are some examples:
- The response time of networks is reduced and the ease of access to websites increases significantly, hence the traffic increases and the user experience is more satisfactory, leading to higher sales through mobile.
- Faster downloads, for example, allow for higher definition in videos and optimal playback and simplify the path for multi-channel video, advanced games, and augmented and virtual reality, and thus for the the user experience.
- It is also expected that the low latency will have a high incidence in terms of data mining, since the high connectivity will favor the phone to connect to the Internet of things, generating a lot of data more than well used by the brands, will provide valuable information for the segmentation and the articulation of the campaigns, for a (still) greater customization.
We are passionate about writing content on e-commerce and technology, in order to help our clients improve their business and increase sales. Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and don't miss out on the valuable insights and resources we have to share.