Coronavirus is shaking up business and consumer behavior on a massive scale. Both the public and private sectors are scrambling to slow the spread of the illness and contain COVID-19 infections.
While the full economic consequences are still unclear, we know that the effects that the virus and the drastic measures being taken to contain it, are already precipitating change across industries.
Telecoms and technology, digital media, payments, commerce, ecommerce, banking, healthcare… A conclusion can be extracted from COVID-19 crisis is business who have been completed their digital transformation are better prepared to tackle the situation now developing.
- The recommendation and the ban on going out of the home sets a radical change in the way of life. Confinement has multiplied the use of the internet.
- At present, we’re likely to look for digital services that fulfill everyday needs beyond retail, including delivery of food, basic products and on-demand goods. And also, people are exploring the potential of virtual events. Ecommerce will grow and companies must be ready to confront logistical challenge, in B2C and B2B.
- Many companies have increased their reliance on enterprise teleconferencing tools, their employees switch to remote work. Many times is the only way to survive.
- European and Asian countries are already seeing a rise in contactless transactions, which could be seen as less prone to spreading disease than the handling of cash or paper checks– Looking ahead, healthcare technology leaders are hopeful that the sector will embrace digital methods to improve patient care and the operation of its hospitals.
- Mirando hacia el futuro, los líderes de la tecnología sanitaria tienen la esperanza de que el sector adopte métodos digitales para mejorar la atención al paciente y el funcionamiento de sus hospitales.
- Without personal contact, online presence and digital services are crucial to keep offering good services to our customers.
Security, quality and efficiency go hand in hand with digital transformation, now more than ever.
We are passionate about writing content on e-commerce and technology, in order to help our clients improve their business and increase sales. Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and don't miss out on the valuable insights and resources we have to share.